2012年10月19日星期五

Life with Monkeys




Back at Tsunami Sushi; this Mulberry Messenger Bags time with my dear friend, Virginia. I call her Veerheenya as she happens to have a very Mexican last name, courtesy of her mister. It seems so strange; she with her porcelain skin and white-blond hair. At Tsunami, I was greeted warmly by tall, dark, and handsome Peter, Mulberry Tote Bags or as I like to call him, Cassanova. My favorite chef, George, was nice enough to personally make and bring us Mulberry Shoulder Bags a special dessert. As you can see, the presentation was lovely. The photo simply doesn't do it justice. After dinner, Vee and I came to my place. First, we did the girly thing; I showed her the silk party dress I just got. Vee has exceptionally good taste so I was pleased to get her enthusiastic approval of my choice. I have been invited to a friend's 50th birthday party and I got THE cutest dress I think I have ever owned. The background is black and has a bright pink, white and gray geometric design. And yes, I had to get pink high heeled sling-backs to pick up the pink in the dress and they are gorgeous! The dress is a bit shorter than anything I have worn in years but hey, you only live once (though if you live it right, once should be enough) and I am adorable in the thing. Then, we settled on the couch, each of us covered with a blanket like an old woman and we watched The Kite Runner. I read the book and I thought the movie was a lovely adaptation. I highly recommend the book, written by Khaled Hosseini as well as his other book I read, One Thousand Secret Suns. They provide an extraordinary and vivid picture of what Afghanistan must have been like 30 years ago. So, there it is, from sushi to party dress to Afghanistan. I'd say that it was a very nearly perfect evening!


没有评论:

发表评论